The Division of Community Affairs Board of Advisors supports campus-wide initiatives that increase student success and improve retention, facilitate involvement in entrepreneurship and innovative initiatives and develop thoughtful global and community leaders.
The Board is committed to assisting the Division in fulfilling the mission of The University of Alabama in three key ways by:
- Improving the lives of individuals and communities through innovative efforts involving students, faculty and staff;
- Enhancing the quality of life on campus and in the community through creative programs that seek to increase opportunities for individuals of various cultures and communities, that they may work and dialogue together in ways that value their contributions and enhance the learning environment for students, faculty and staff, and;
- Acting as an advisory group to the Vice President for Community Affairs, and influencing the advancement of the Division of Community Affairs.
The Board is comprised of three committees:
- Entrepreneurship and Innovative Initiatives Committee supports innovative and entrepreneurial student business ventures
- Academic Success and Student Retention Committee supports recruitment, mentoring, and career development for students
- Global and Community Leadership Development Committee supports efforts to develop leadership skills in cultural competence to enable students to communicate, compete and succeed globally in a culturally diverse society